Failure Case Study: Carlsberg Beo (February 2016)
Price: £ 715.00
Table of Contents
This study explores how products can fail through a lack of clarity in brand messaging and product positioning. Brand guardians can significantly benefit from developing an in-depth understanding of the reasons for the success or failure of new product launches or marketing campaigns.
- The launch of Beo* highlights how Carlsberg sought to diversify into non-alcoholic beverages using its expertise in beer production methods. Despite this expertise they were unsuccessful in the product positioning and overall brand message to consumers.
- Women remain under-engaged within the beer category, making it difficult to attract them with a product that is unclear in its definition and positioning.
"Failure Case Study: Carlsberg Beo*" is part of Canadean's Successes and Failures research. This case study explores the reasons behind the failure of Carlsberg's Beo* drink.
It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Reasons To Buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have underperformed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.