Success Case Study: Lagunitas Brewery - The evolution of craft beer from local to national (July 2017)
Price: £ 800.00
Table of Contents
Craft beer has become a key area of growth in an otherwise static beer market, offering variety and originality versus what many consumers view as a corporate "product" from the mainstream. The US market continues to see strong growth in the number of small brewers servicing this consumer base, attracting the attention of major names.
Founded in 1993, the Lagunitas Brewing Company is one of the largest craft breweries in the US. It has grown from a tiny start-up to having multimillion barrel capability across three brewery sites.
- Lagunitas has a very irreverent, maverick style/culture, reflected in its products and organization, helping its appeal alongside popular brews.
- The success that Lagunitas has had has stemmed from the fact that it has not limited by localism or small-scale thinking. It will always wear its origins front and center, being named after the location of its very first premises, but has taken that increasingly national.
- As a result of the Heineken deal, Lagunitas is no longer considered a craft brewery under the Brewers Association definition of "craft," since Heineken's stake was greater than 25%.
- Lagunitas's range exemplifies how a well-developed craft proposition can deliver a good range of choice without becoming formulaic or trying to offer too much.
Reasons to buy
- Use to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
Lagunitas Brewing Company
Table of Contents
About Successes & Failures Case Studies
Summary: Lagunitas Brewing Company