Top Trends in Dairy 2017: Exploring the milk, cheese and yogurt categories (March 2017)
Price: £ 2,760.00
Table of Contents
"Top Trends in Dairy 2017: Exploring the milk, cheese and yogurt categories", focuses on outlining the key consumer and innovation trends currently impacting the core categories in dairy - milk, yogurt and cheese. These include new product development that aligns with consumer demand for dairy-free milk or appeals to the experimental consumer (e.g. through exploring alternative animal sources for dairy).
The desire among consumers to lead healthier lifestyles while maintaining a tasty and exciting diet is clearly reflected in recent dairy trends. The rising profile of plant protein is driving new product development in this sector, particularly beyond soy to unique sources of plant protein. The acceptance of higher fat in favor of lower sugar is also prevalent, as the popularity of ‘clean label’ products gains momentum in the dairy sector. Flavor experimentation outside of sweet, traditional flavors in dairy is widespread, while opportunities exist ‘beyond the cow’ for manufacturers to capitalize upon.
- A third of consumers who avoid dairy entirely believe that milk protein has a negative impact on their health.
- While over a third of consumers do not have a clear understanding of what 'clean label' is, willingness to pay a premium for such products is apparent.
- Almost two thirds of heavy dairy consumers also experiment with new and unusual flavors when shopping for food and drink products.
Reasons to buy
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development."
Table of Contents
Innovation Trends in Dairy
Up With Fat, Down With Sugar
Clean Label Dairy
Alternative Animal Dairy Sources
L'Oree du Jour